Monday, September 17, 2012

Swedish Covenant Hospital – Free Memory Games Class



I just got a note from Leigh Cohen (M.S. CCC-SLP, Speech Language Pathologist, Swedish Covenant Hospital Day Rehab) which said:  

Hey John, I am leading a special class about Memory Games next week for Swedish Covenant Hospital’s Wise Woman week and I’d love for you and your friends to join me!

I’ve met Leigh and she’s one of those rare folks who not only knows the science of rehab exercises inside and out but, just as importantly, understands the importance of turning rehab into fun and games…which is why the title “Memory Games” got my attention.

The class will be held at Marbles: The Brain Store on 4745 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, Illinois (USA) on Thursday, September 20th from 6:30 to 7:30 PM.

I’ve audited a Marbles presentation to Cohen’s stroke group and found the presentation fun and informative – two words that don’t always go together. Marbles has all sorts of rehab activities craftily disguised as games which is important for easily-bored folks like me who’ve had a cognitive set-back or two. I just love to wonder around the store and browse the perversely intriguing games they have (which I never see anywhere else). There’s always a couple of games left out on a table or two for you to fool around with, which makes everything seem much friendlier than most places. (Here's a link to my original blog posting on Marbles - http://johnstumor.blogspot.com/2012/01/fun-and-games-at-marbles-brain-store.html)

You can call and make a reservation for this (free!) event at +1-773-878-6888 or register online at  http://swedishcovenant.org/events-classes/game-night-memory-games  

John

PS – As an added bonus, this Lincoln Square store is just a few steps away from a number of tasty restaurants that’d be great for dinner, or something cold and refreshing, afterwards.

No comments: