Monday, August 17, 2015

New Treatment for (some) Medulloblastoma tumors

Here’s some good news I just read on ScienceDaily.com, “A targeted therapy already used to treat advanced skin cancer is also effective against the most common subtype of the brain tumor medulloblastoma in adults and should be considered for treatment of newly diagnosed patients, according to research led by St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.” Here’s a link to the article: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/07/150729155241.htm
 
To be clear, in case you aren’t a regular reader of my blog, I hate brain tumors, and I especially hate brain tumors that attack children. Unfortunately, that’s just what medulloblastoma does. According to the article, “Medulloblastoma develops in the cerebellum at the base of the skull and involves four different subtypes, each with different genetic alterations. The tumor is diagnosed in as many as 400 children and adolescents annually in the U.S., making it the most common malignant pediatric brain tumor. (I added the bold type)

I hate that. Some poor child who hasn’t done anything to anybody gets whacked with a sinister, deadly, uncaring malignant brain tumor. Every time I read about these my heart goes out to the kids, their parents, their family and friends.

As usual with brain tumors, the treatment is not a blanket cure for all afflicted as the research team reports that “"While it was disappointing that not all medulloblastoma patients with the SHH subtype will benefit, for the right patients these results mark the beginning of a new era of targeted therapy for treatment of this tumor," said first and corresponding author Giles Robinson, M.D., an assistant member of the St. Jude Department of Oncology. ”The findings also highlight the importance of ongoing research to identify the genetic alterations that define who the right patients are and help identify those most likely to benefit from this drug as well as those for whom different therapy is needed.”

Right about now you might be asking yourself the question “What is the “SHH subtype?” or some other important and related question. 

If you’ve read any of my other postings, you will know that I haven’t a clue. But if you are a scientist or doctor of have taken a lot of medical coursework, here’s a link to the journal abstract in the Journal of Clinical Oncology which explains the : http://jco.ascopubs.org/content/early/2015/07/08/JCO.2014.60.1591

1 comment:

Ashley Balton said...

IT IS REAL!!! HOW I COMPLETELY GOT RID OF 4 YEARS GENITAL HERPES WITHIN 7 DAYS... GOD IS AWESOME,I AM A LIVING TESTIMONY!!!!....

I have been dating for almost 7 years until i contracted GENITAL HERPES VIRUS from my Ex-boyfriend. Ever since then i have been searching for cure everywhere because i was feeling so uncomfortable having so many outbreaks, Most people have herpes in one form or another, i was first taking Antiviral medicines such as acyclovir (Zovirax), famciclovir (Famvir), and valacyclovir (Valtrex), which are recommended for treating primary genital herpes outbreaks..But i needed to get rid of it completely, I came across so many testimonies online speaking about cure to herpes. i was so eager to be completely cured, I became a victim of fraud after contacting several so-called herbal doctors i was referred to. I lost a lot of money but i didn't stop searching for a cure.
Then one faithful day,i came across a testimony of a lady saying that she got her Genital herpes cured by a GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR she called Dr. Aramide by contacting him through his email address. And she advised anyone with GENITAL HERPES or SIMPLEX HERPES to contact him for HERBAL CURE. I contemplated for about 4 hours whether or not to contact him. Then something inside of me told me to give a try. I then contacted him through his email and told my problems to him. He told me all the things I needed to do and also gave me instructions to follow, Which i did properly. Just within the 7 days of drinking and applying the herbal medication he sent to me through DHL delivery service, I started feeling changes in my body i went to my medical doctor for check-up, I was so happy when he told me i was no more having GENITAL HERPES VIRUS and that i was free, It was all tears of Joy from that moment, I never thought ROOTS & HERBS could cure HERPES and if i could ever meet a GENUINELY GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR. I'm so grateful to him. i am completely free from GENITAL HERPES VIRUS,i recommended him to a family friend having Simplex Herpes virus, He called me and told me he is also cured completely. I promised to share my own testimony like that of the lady on the internet. If you are also having
*GENITAL & SIMPLEX HERPES... or need cure to diseases/viruses like..
*PREDIABETES/DIABETES/DIABETES MELLITUS...
*MENINGITIS...
*MERS-CoV...
*HIV...
*LEISHMANIASIS...
*LOW SPERM COUNT...
*SHIGELLA INFECTION...
*SYPHILLIS
*CANCER...
*LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION...
*STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS...
*HEPATITIS...
*SHINGLES...
*YELLOW FEVER...
*POLIO...
*LUPUS...
*STROKE...
*FIBROID...
*EPILEPSY...
*TUBERCULOSIS...
*LEUKAEMIA...
*SICKLE CELL...
*ASTHMA.. Etc..
Without Hesitation Contact him Today for a testimony through his Email _ dr.aramideherbalcure@gmail.com
*GOD IS TRULY FAITHFUL*