Saturday, September 13, 2014

GBM Research Project: Caregivers/Patients Requested



I got this email today from Rachel Geltman of the Video Chat Network. She wants to interview GBM victims/caregivers. I don’t know Rachel or her company, but I want to help out victims and caregivers. As such, I’m posting this. Since I suspect many of you could use a bit of extra cash, here’s some quotes from her request:

“Hello John,

By way of introduction, my name is Rachel Geltman and my company is Video Chat Network (videochatnetwork.net).  We are an online marketing research company using the latest in video chat technology to conduct virtual market research interviews.  We have been engaged by many health care agencies and pharmaceutical clients to conduct research on their behalf for a wide range of medical conditions with health care professionals, caregivers and patients.

We are currently engaged in a project among Caregivers of patients and patients with Glioblastoma Multiforme (Brain Cancer).  We would like to speak with 4-5  anywhere in the US.”

Now here’s the part that involves some $. 

“We will also compensate the Caregivers/Patients $125 to participate in a 45 minute interview via webcam.  We could conduct these interviews with just one of them by themselves or both of them together.  All they will need to have is a working webcam/microphone and a strong internet connection to participate.  Ideally we would like to start these interviews this coming week (week of 9/15) but can also conduct them the
following week as well (week of 9/22) and will schedule them at their convenience. 

We have a lot of experience conducting health care/pharmaceutical research (http://videochatnetwork.net/pharmaceutical.php) and will take good care of the participants throughout the process. 

Please shoot me back an email, or call me at 917-207-7740, if you are interested in helping us out.

Best regards,

Rachel Geltman”

I think this is first come, first interviewed.


John


PS – She wants to compensate me if any of you sign up, but I told her to donate whatever $ she would give me to the American Brain Tumor Association – www.abta.org. If you have an extra nickel or two, consider doing the same.
PPS - I'm also a big fan of Meningioma Mommas - http://www.meningiomamommas.org/ and It's Just Benign - http://www.itsjustbenign.org/ 
Copyright: <a href='http://www.123rf.com/profile_orson'>orson / 123RF Stock Photo</a>

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am talking to her trying to find out if this is legit or not? can you do it and then tell me if it is legit or not. www.facebook.com/teamjoannf

John's Brain said...

Dear Elantra,

I don't know for sure one way or another. Since I'm a trusting guy, I tend to believe folks who contact me through my blog.

John