Monday, January 6, 2014

Want to share your story?

One of my terrific therapists told me that a great way to get the trauma/concern/worry/etc. out of head was to write it down.

It was great advice.

While writing didn’t get all trauma/concern/worry/etc.out of my brain, it got a lot out. Sharing my writing with others was also a big help. I especially wanted to share my brain tumor story with other brain tumor victims. When I first started, though, I didn’t know how to do it, i.e. share my story.

The National Brain Tumor Society, though, makes it easy.  They’ve built a handy-dandy website that lets you write short stories about your experience and share it with other brain tumor victims, caretakers, etc. (Please note the italic I used for “short” – this site doesn’t support first drafts of lengthy novels). Here’s the link:  http://www.braintumor.org/join-the-fight/share-your-story/

While you’re there, read stories of others...and don’t feel so all alone.


Image credit: <a href='http://www.123rf.com/photo_14063335_share-your-story-phrase--isolated-text-in-vintage-letterpress-wood-type.html'>pixelsaway / 123RF Stock Photo</a>

No comments: