Monday, March 3, 2014

Join Team "John's Tumor" at the ABTA "Breakthrough for Brain Tumors" Fun Run/Walk in Chicago



Team "John's Tumor" will be participating - walking, jogging and possibly running -in the Breakthrough for Brain Tumors 5K Run & Walk which benefits the American Brain Tumor Association. You can sign up and join my team here: http://hope.abta.org/site/TR/ABTAEvent/General?team_id=26720&pg=team&fr_id=2981
 
The fun run/walk will take place on Sunday morning, April 27th. The “run” starts at 8:30 am but come early to visit the booths, warm-up and find our team. to me.

Now I know what you're thinking - how can I get one of those awesome lime-green glow-in-the-dark t-shirts?  Easy, join the team. (BTW, my hotshot designer daughter designed the t-shirts)

Need another incentive? If you sign up and contribute any extra $ (or even ¢) I'll give you a copy of my book "Chief Complaint, Brain Tumor". For another nominal charge I'll autograph it. Hey, it’s for charity - I'm donating the books. If you want a book, shoot me an email so I bring enough to the event.

Have no idea what the “Breakthrough for Brain Tumors” fund-raiser is all about? Here’s a link to the entry page: http://hope.abta.org/site/TR?fr_id=2981&pg=entry

See you in April,
John

PS – This is only a picture of the runners. The walkers got rained out last time so I don’t have a picture of them. As I’m sure you can imagine, except for my daughter, the walkers were all more photogenic.

No comments: