Saturday, January 28, 2012

Never Give Up


If you’re a brain tumor victim or a cancer victim, let me tell you something you already know – life is tougher and rehab is a pain.

That’s a given.  The question, though, is what are you going to do about it? I had a high school cross-country coach who used to say “when the going gets tough, the tough get going.” We’d snicker, of course, and make fun this cliched saying.

But now I’m not running cross-country and, guess what, I need to get going.  Something that’s got me going lately is watching a great speech by Jim Valvano at the 1993 ESPY awards in which he inaugurated the Jimmy V Foundation to fight cancer.

If you have 10, 11 minutes, I recommend watching it.  If you don’t have ten to eleven minutes, just start watching it and see if you don’t make time for it.

No comments: