Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The National Institute of Health: Adult Brain Tumor Info



As I read brain tumor blogs and victim support sites, I constantly see cries for information, i.e.

  • What is a ‘benign brain tumor?
  • What is a “Grade I brain tumor and how is that different from a Grade II or III or IV?
  • What are typical brain tumor symptoms?

Much of the content on these personal blogs and websites are pretty good. Some isn’t. Big hospitals often have their own sites and they’re often quite good.

I’d like to suggest, though, that you visit the National Cancer Institute’s website for information about brain cancer: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/adultbrain/Patient/page1#Keypoint15

It has a “patient” version and a “Health Professional” version. I like that they’ve got a version that I, as a victim, can read and understand.

So, the next time you talk to a victim, consider steering them here for starters.

John

PS – I also like the American Brain Tumor Association site: http://www.abta.org/

1 comment:

La Jolla Electricians said...

This was great to read, thank you.