Friday, June 13, 2014

38 Year Old diagnosed with Ependymoma



Somehow I always think of Ependymoma attacking young, innocent children.  The CERN Foundation’s latest newsletter, though, features a story about a newly wed 38 year woman who learns that she has Ependymoma.Ependymoma is a rare type of primary brain or spinal cord tumor found in adults and children. Primary brain and spinal cord tumors are those that start in the central nervous system (CNS).

Here’s how the article starts out: “Last March was the happiest time of my life. I had only been married eight months and my husband and I were trying to get pregnant with our first baby. We were committed to an intense workout program to get in the best shape of our lives before I got pregnant. We were so excited for what the future held and nothing was going to get in our way.”

Then she found out that she had tumor in her spinal cord! For the rest of this heart-wrenching story go to: https://cern-foundation.org/?page_id=5248

No comments: