Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Importance of Resilience

Here’s a link to a nice article by a group of writers about the “importance of resilience” – how some children bounce back from adversity better than others: http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1015897-1,00.html

As you may guess, I see this as not only child development learning, but also instructive for brain tumor victims.

As I talk to brain tumor victims and stroke groups, I find some people determined to maximize their “new normal” and others in the midst of giving up and shutting down no matter how much support or love or attention they receive.

Most of the article is written with child development in mind, but I love the idea of helping brain tumor victims improve their resilience, build their resilience and fortify their resilience.

I hope it similarly inspires you.

John

No comments: