Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sleepless in Wilmette…and that’s bad


For the past month or so I’ve been on steroids to address this little sight issue that landed my sorry butt in the hospital. (See my “Pick Your Own Caption” posting on Thursday, January 26, 2012)

I got my sight back when I was put on steroids.  The great thing about steroids is that that it cleared up my short-term vision issue.  The worst thing about steroids is that I couldn’t sleep much.  When I mean “much”, I mean for weeks I got maybe three hours a night, and possibly another cat nap or two during the day.  Now that I’ve just finished my steroid taper, I’m hoping to sleep like a normal personal, or at least like I used to sleep.

According to a recent Lumosity posting, sleep is critically important to forming long-term memories - http://www.lumosity.com/blog/sleep/

It makes me wonder if the Lumosity I was doing at 3am was any good at all and if I’ve forgotten something important that I thought I learned during that time.

No comments: