Sunday, May 6, 2012

National Brain Tumor Awareness Month


When I first read that May is National Brain Tumor Awareness Month, my first reaction was “I’m trying to forget that I still have a brain tumor, not be reminded of it.”

Then I reread the NBTS's posting about National Brain Tumor Awareness Month and read that "each May, the brain tumor community steps up its efforts to raise awareness, educate people about the disease, raise funds, and empower everyone affected by brain tumors.”

There are some great suggestions on what we can all do on their site: http://www.braintumor.org/get-involved/advocacy-public-policy/BTAM.html

As for me, I’m still trying to raise funds for brain tumor research through by running in the Breakthrough for Brain Tumors event on Saturday, May 12th in Chicago.  I’d love to have you run (actually more of a jog) with me if you can make it.

If you can’t make it, you can still help.  How?  As Charlie Brown’s little sister says in the 1965 A Charlie Brown Christmas TV special, “…make it easy on yourself: just send money.”  You can do that my logging onto my fund-raising page for the event at:   http://hope.abta.org/site/TR/ABTAEvent/Breakthrough-Chicago/971633853?pg=team&fr_id=2270&team_id=17020

No comments: