Friday, July 20, 2012

ABTA Patient & Family Conference: Do Complementary Therapies Work?


Here’s another ABTA breakout session that I want to attend, Do Complementary Therapies Work?

I guess the title is a bit of a clue, i.e. “complementary” therapies. If it said something like “voodoo therapies” or “desperation therapies” I can imagine what would be said.

Having had acupuncture, I have found that it has helped me with a bum kneed.  I also felt that acupuncture helped me recover faster than I would have without it from my first operation.

As best I can tell, though, it’s not a substitute for radiation or antibiotics or chemo.
The title of the session says “acupuncture, herbs and others.” Since my sister is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine, I understand what acupuncture and herbs are.  I’m less clear on what “others” are…and am interested in what that could be.

If you interested, the session will be led by Scott Woodworth, ND from Cancer Treatment Centers of America. The session will be held on Saturday, July 28th from 2:15 pm to 3:05 pm in the Author Room of the Marriott Renaissance Chicago O’Hare Suites Hotel.

No comments: