Thursday, April 26, 2012

Seeing the dentist today, should I ask him about meningioma & X-rays?


Having just read the recent study on the possible relationship between X-rays and meningioma, I am wondering about my dentist appointment today.  Should I ask him if he’s heard of the study? If he wants to take X-rays, should I say “yes”? I know that the intensity of the X-rays is much lower now, but so is the capacity of my head to ward off such invasions. Or is that really true? Am I more susceptible now that I’ve had a tumor? 

I wish we knew more about this.

If they want to take X-rays, I’m going to politely decline.  I think that fixing a cavity is easier to fix than a re-energized brain tumor.

Has anybody else faced this situation?  What have you done?

2 comments:

l,mona said...

my dentist sort of tolerates my dislike of xrays. she knows I've had plenty of medical nuking, and she's given up on cajoling me into more than a little look, none of those panorama deals. look how mad I am in the middle panel of my cartoon!!!
yrs,
AMY MARASH

http://cancerissofunny.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-wonderful-dental-plan.html

Anonymous said...

I couldn't resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!
Also see my website :: atlanta dentist